H1: 12/05/12: David Kirkpatrick, Andrew McCarthy

December 5, 2012 by
Filed under Radio Show

12051201 Hugh Hewitt: Hour 1 – Hugh talks to David Kirkpatrick, Cairo Bureau Chief for The New York Times, from Egypt to get an update on what’s going on. Then Hugh pays tribute to jazz great, Dave Brubeck, who passed away today. Finally, Andrew McCarthy, former assistant U.S. Attorney and National Review columnist, discusses Egypt in crisis.

Comments

9 Responses to “H1: 12/05/12: David Kirkpatrick, Andrew McCarthy”
  1. Lee Wright says:

You know, I have been trying and trying to find some reason to keep listening since the election and I just can’t do it. I listened daily for over 6 years and I have listened about 4 times in the past month. It just sounds like so much empty chatter to me now. How can we continue to fool ourselves that any of this matters? I can’t do it any more.

2. Stephen Krumpe says:

Can you comment on why your description of Andrew McCarthy describes him as “a National Review communist”? I had a hearty laugh about it last night but it’s still there.

3. bumsteaddithers says:

Lee, don’t give up. Don’t ever give up!!

However, I, too, am still in a funk and am having trouble listening with both Hugh and Duane. Seems there is no leader out there on the national scene to get me off the pitypot. But, my issue isn’t those two. They are doing the best they can, and you have to hand it to them, they are going strong. My issue is me and not really conncecting with the message.

I sometimes tune out some of the interviews, but always still like Steyn, Gaffney, Bolton,Boot and a bunch of others. Hugh’s political types- well, I am losing respect for the whole lot. Seems there is a leadership void in D.C. with Boehner. Seems they are too afraid to pick a clue.

Lee, I am listening to the music more now and definitely not when we go over the pass where we don’t have radio.

• Lee Wright says:

I appreciate the encouragement and I am in complete agreement that it is not Hugh or Duane with whom I have a problem. Politics simply has no attraction for me – which is extremely strange in my case. It all seems so futile. But I WISH it didn’t. I miss my addiction to political news and analysis, I really do – it just doesn’t do it for me now like it did when it seemed there was a possibility of change. I don’t know how Hugh and Duane do it, coming on the program day after day and continuing the fight.

• Kerry Davis says:

Maybe cuz they get paid for it? I’m sure it helps.

• Duane Patterson says:

simple, lee. i can’t look at future generations of me in the face and say i didn’t do my absolute utmost every day to leave them the country that i love dearly in the best condition i possibly can. it’s cliche and simplistic, but for me, it is my sole driving motivator to stay engaged, and stay in the fight…even if it’s all the way to the scene of the crash.

• Duane Patterson says:

ted, all i can tell you is i share your concern about the leadership void in washington. but the bottom line is i just don’t have it in me to quit and sulk. it’s all about the 9th and 12th grader (?) now. whatever you’ve tried to impart to them, don’t let surrender be the one trait that they remember.

4. bumsteaddithers says:

Just got back from the gym and listening to Hour 1 and 2.

What a rollercoaster for me! First, there was the Pravda Times guy who says, “nothing to see here, move on” with regards to Brotherhood questions and the plight of the Coptic Christians. If this guy is reporting back to HQ, then it is no wonder the pressers don’t see anything here.

Then it was back to normal with the callers to take an edge off Hugh’s interview and then McCarthy delivers the coup d’etat. Thinking that over, Hugh then goes to the reference of the Bros, not Hos, Andrew referred him to.

The Bros are just normal politicians. Kind of follows the reasoning of President Jarrett and Vice President Abedin, both associated through family with Islamists and Bros, respectively.