H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box

04231001 Hugh Hewitt: Hour 1 – Hugh begins a three hour tour of the world of Joe Pickett as captured in the novels of C.J. Box.

Comments

6 Responses to “H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box”
  1. Karen Kaukol says:

Hugh! I love CJ Box. Can’t wait to listen to this podcast tomorrow. It’s going to be my big treat for the day! His last book was outstanding – I read it in two days. Wish he’d write them faster.

2. Karen Kaukol says:

OK – listened to it today. What a great discussion – and it was fun to revisit each of the Joe Pickett books and gain more insight into the characters and series. I’m going to read the stand-alones next – haven’t yet done that but My Blue Heaven sounds really good. BTW, I agree with Box that Michael Connelly would also make for a terrific interview on your show.

3. Ben Gantz says:

Michael Connelly is a terrific writer. I’d add John Lescroart. His Dismas Hardy novels vivid characters and enjoyable dialogue. His novels are unusual in that Dismas has a life, not just cases, and there are issues afoot there as well.

4. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Hugh, describing a federal bureaucrat, “they are imperious, disinterested in locals and completely contemptuous of public opinion.”

I could not have described the current White House and leadership of both houses of congress any better.

5. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Oops! Pushed the button too soon. Thanks to Hugh for introducing us to CJ Box!

6. Chris Bogdan says:

These extended interviews could start getting expensive. I’ve bought more than a few books on the strength of a HHS interview but, with the exception of Steven Pressfield’s Killing Rommel, they’ve all been of the non-fiction variety. Now I’m feeling intrigued/compelled/obligated to pick up Open Season and meet Joe Pickett.

Dang!

Hugh, Amazon.com might love you but my mail carrier doesn’t.

• Kobani, Kay Hagan, Ben Bradlee and Marty Baron October 22, 2014
      First, here’s the transcript for my two hour interview with Matk Steyn from Monday’s show.  Thanks to Duane for posting it so quickly. Next, read this key piece from the Wall Street Journal on the battle for Kobani by By Adam Entous,  Joe Parkinson and Julian E. Barnes. It is behind the paywall, but seriously folks, you have to read the WSJ so subscribe. Nor […]
    • God (And The Catholics) At Harvard October 21, 2014
      There has been a Catholic ministry at Harvard College since 1893, and now you can see how it works via www.HarvardCatholic.org.  Since 1895 it has been headquartered at St. Paul’s Catholic Church across from the Yard in the center of Cambridge, and the pastor of St. Paul’s and chief Catholic chaplain at Harvard, Fr. Michael Drea, is stopping by the studio to […]