H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box

04231001 Hugh Hewitt: Hour 1 – Hugh begins a three hour tour of the world of Joe Pickett as captured in the novels of C.J. Box.

Comments

6 Responses to “H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box”
  1. Karen Kaukol says:

Hugh! I love CJ Box. Can’t wait to listen to this podcast tomorrow. It’s going to be my big treat for the day! His last book was outstanding – I read it in two days. Wish he’d write them faster.

2. Karen Kaukol says:

OK – listened to it today. What a great discussion – and it was fun to revisit each of the Joe Pickett books and gain more insight into the characters and series. I’m going to read the stand-alones next – haven’t yet done that but My Blue Heaven sounds really good. BTW, I agree with Box that Michael Connelly would also make for a terrific interview on your show.

3. Ben Gantz says:

Michael Connelly is a terrific writer. I’d add John Lescroart. His Dismas Hardy novels vivid characters and enjoyable dialogue. His novels are unusual in that Dismas has a life, not just cases, and there are issues afoot there as well.

4. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Hugh, describing a federal bureaucrat, “they are imperious, disinterested in locals and completely contemptuous of public opinion.”

I could not have described the current White House and leadership of both houses of congress any better.

5. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Oops! Pushed the button too soon. Thanks to Hugh for introducing us to CJ Box!

6. Chris Bogdan says:

These extended interviews could start getting expensive. I’ve bought more than a few books on the strength of a HHS interview but, with the exception of Steven Pressfield’s Killing Rommel, they’ve all been of the non-fiction variety. Now I’m feeling intrigued/compelled/obligated to pick up Open Season and meet Joe Pickett.

Dang!

Hugh, Amazon.com might love you but my mail carrier doesn’t.

• The Reagan Void And 2016 December 18, 2014
      We all have to suspect that neither Truman nor Ike would have let the Castro brothers write their own ticket as President Obama did Wednesday. We know with certainty that neither JFK, LBJ, RN, Ford, Carter, Reagan, either Bush nor Bill Clinton would have done what President Obama did vis-a-vis Cuba because none of the last nine presidents did so, even though […]
    • House Foreign Affairs Chairman Ed Royce On Cuba and The North Korean Moves On Sony December 18, 2014
      California Congressman Ed Royce joined me today to discuss the president’s decisions on Cuba, and what if any impact the North Korean move on Sony has on his agenda in the Foreign Affairs Committee in 2015: Audio: 12-17hhs-royce Transcript: HH: Joined now by Congressman Ed Royce. Congressman Royce is the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. Mr. C […]