H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box

04231001 Hugh Hewitt: Hour 1 – Hugh begins a three hour tour of the world of Joe Pickett as captured in the novels of C.J. Box.

Comments

6 Responses to “H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box”
  1. Karen Kaukol says:

Hugh! I love CJ Box. Can’t wait to listen to this podcast tomorrow. It’s going to be my big treat for the day! His last book was outstanding – I read it in two days. Wish he’d write them faster.

2. Karen Kaukol says:

OK – listened to it today. What a great discussion – and it was fun to revisit each of the Joe Pickett books and gain more insight into the characters and series. I’m going to read the stand-alones next – haven’t yet done that but My Blue Heaven sounds really good. BTW, I agree with Box that Michael Connelly would also make for a terrific interview on your show.

3. Ben Gantz says:

Michael Connelly is a terrific writer. I’d add John Lescroart. His Dismas Hardy novels vivid characters and enjoyable dialogue. His novels are unusual in that Dismas has a life, not just cases, and there are issues afoot there as well.

4. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Hugh, describing a federal bureaucrat, “they are imperious, disinterested in locals and completely contemptuous of public opinion.”

I could not have described the current White House and leadership of both houses of congress any better.

5. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Oops! Pushed the button too soon. Thanks to Hugh for introducing us to CJ Box!

6. Chris Bogdan says:

These extended interviews could start getting expensive. I’ve bought more than a few books on the strength of a HHS interview but, with the exception of Steven Pressfield’s Killing Rommel, they’ve all been of the non-fiction variety. Now I’m feeling intrigued/compelled/obligated to pick up Open Season and meet Joe Pickett.

Dang!

Hugh, Amazon.com might love you but my mail carrier doesn’t.

• “Two Rules” Hillary March 4, 2015
      One set of rules for the Clintons, another set for everyone else. This is the basic approach of Bill and Hillary to public life, and the latest and still unfolding Clinton drama –this one concerning her emails– is just more evidence, if any was needed, is that “rules” are for the small people.  This vast refusal to live by the ordinary norms of a government […]
    • Shared-X March 3, 2015
      I’ll be covering Prime Minister Netanyahu’s speech on today’s program with an emphasis in hours two and three.  In the first hour I am using my time in the Silicon Valley on the campus of Stanford at the Hoover Institution to feature the work of Shared-X by having one of its founders John Denniston join me in the studio for the first hour of today’s program. […]