H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box

04231001 Hugh Hewitt: Hour 1 – Hugh begins a three hour tour of the world of Joe Pickett as captured in the novels of C.J. Box.

Comments

6 Responses to “H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box”
  1. Karen Kaukol says:

Hugh! I love CJ Box. Can’t wait to listen to this podcast tomorrow. It’s going to be my big treat for the day! His last book was outstanding – I read it in two days. Wish he’d write them faster.

2. Karen Kaukol says:

OK – listened to it today. What a great discussion – and it was fun to revisit each of the Joe Pickett books and gain more insight into the characters and series. I’m going to read the stand-alones next – haven’t yet done that but My Blue Heaven sounds really good. BTW, I agree with Box that Michael Connelly would also make for a terrific interview on your show.

3. Ben Gantz says:

Michael Connelly is a terrific writer. I’d add John Lescroart. His Dismas Hardy novels vivid characters and enjoyable dialogue. His novels are unusual in that Dismas has a life, not just cases, and there are issues afoot there as well.

4. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Hugh, describing a federal bureaucrat, “they are imperious, disinterested in locals and completely contemptuous of public opinion.”

I could not have described the current White House and leadership of both houses of congress any better.

5. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Oops! Pushed the button too soon. Thanks to Hugh for introducing us to CJ Box!

6. Chris Bogdan says:

These extended interviews could start getting expensive. I’ve bought more than a few books on the strength of a HHS interview but, with the exception of Steven Pressfield’s Killing Rommel, they’ve all been of the non-fiction variety. Now I’m feeling intrigued/compelled/obligated to pick up Open Season and meet Joe Pickett.

Dang!

Hugh, Amazon.com might love you but my mail carrier doesn’t.

• Former Federal Judge And Prosecutor Stephen Larson On What Rick Perry Should Do Next August 19, 2014
      HH: Today, there are two major stories – what is going on in Ferguson, and I’ve got my eye on that, and we’re going to talk about the National Guard’s role throughout the day, and what happened on Friday night as I left the studio, Governor Rick Perry, a friend of the show, a friend of mine, indicted. And as I went reading through this weekend, I thought to […]
    • How The GOP Ought To Campaign On The Federal Courts August 18, 2014
      My Monday Washington Examiner column looks at the wreckage made of judicial confirmations by Democrats from ted Kennedy to Harry Reid, and outlines the strategy the GOP ought to use to rebuild: First retaliate with a blockade and then rebuild with a bipartisan reconstruction of the supermajority for judges. […]