H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box

04231001 Hugh Hewitt: Hour 1 – Hugh begins a three hour tour of the world of Joe Pickett as captured in the novels of C.J. Box.

Comments

6 Responses to “H1: 04/23/10 C.J. Box”
  1. Karen Kaukol says:

Hugh! I love CJ Box. Can’t wait to listen to this podcast tomorrow. It’s going to be my big treat for the day! His last book was outstanding – I read it in two days. Wish he’d write them faster.

2. Karen Kaukol says:

OK – listened to it today. What a great discussion – and it was fun to revisit each of the Joe Pickett books and gain more insight into the characters and series. I’m going to read the stand-alones next – haven’t yet done that but My Blue Heaven sounds really good. BTW, I agree with Box that Michael Connelly would also make for a terrific interview on your show.

3. Ben Gantz says:

Michael Connelly is a terrific writer. I’d add John Lescroart. His Dismas Hardy novels vivid characters and enjoyable dialogue. His novels are unusual in that Dismas has a life, not just cases, and there are issues afoot there as well.

4. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Hugh, describing a federal bureaucrat, “they are imperious, disinterested in locals and completely contemptuous of public opinion.”

I could not have described the current White House and leadership of both houses of congress any better.

5. Richard Kirkpatrick says:

Oops! Pushed the button too soon. Thanks to Hugh for introducing us to CJ Box!

6. Chris Bogdan says:

These extended interviews could start getting expensive. I’ve bought more than a few books on the strength of a HHS interview but, with the exception of Steven Pressfield’s Killing Rommel, they’ve all been of the non-fiction variety. Now I’m feeling intrigued/compelled/obligated to pick up Open Season and meet Joe Pickett.

Dang!

Hugh, Amazon.com might love you but my mail carrier doesn’t.

• Talking With Three Time Gold Medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings September 19, 2014
      My Thursday interview with three time gold medal winner Kerri Walsh Jennings –who teamed with Misty May-Teanor to win beach volleyball laurels in Athens, Beijing and London, and who is now training with April Ross– was so wonderfully received by those that heard it that many ave asked for access to it.  Kerri was terrific, and to goad more folks down to watc […]
    • Are Voters Disgusted With Fake “War On Women” Idiocy In The Middle Of Crises? And How To Spend $150 On Politics Right Now September 18, 2014
      Democrats have tried to push the “war on women” idiocy in Colorado where both their very weak and rudderless governor John Hickenlooper and their Obama-cloned senator Mark Udall have no other issue on which to run and much to run from. Wednesday’s poll showing Republican Bob Beauprez ahead by 10 points over Hickenlooper and Thursday’s numbers showing Republi […]