The Worst Gift Show and Rose Marie

December 24, 2009 by
Filed under HughHewitt.com Blog

I hope you enjoyed the “worst gift received/best gift never given” show on Tuesday. The highlight was Rose Marie’s call, which Duane has posted at HughHewitt.com. It generated many reactions and a column which I will post tomorrow. Merry Christmas to all posters here!

Comments

7 Responses to “The Worst Gift Show and Rose Marie”
  1. tennkan says:

I really enjoyed the show. The Christmas gift memories gave me several good laughs.

I could listen to an entire day of Hugh Hewitt talking to immigrant families/Depression/Cold War era generation reminding us why people came to this country and what they were fleeing.

Really good stuff.

• Hugh Hewitt says:

I have written tomorrow’s Christmas column for Townhall.com on that call, and the novels that are going to be in many living rooms tomorrow in the persons of the old folks. Most of those will unfortunately go unread.

2. Jack Lavelle says:

Merry Christmas, Hugh, to you, your family and all the folks at your radio show.

This is about the 8th or 9th Christmas message I’ve written you. We’ve been through some good – and some bad – times, but with our faith in God and a hearty sense of humor we’ll keep on getting through. 2009 was a pretty good year, but I don’t think 2010 will be that good. Never mind, we’ll see it through God bless you and Duane and the rest.

Jack Lavelle – lavelle3 AT cox.net -Phoenix – December 25, 2009

3. Witty Username says:

I remember back when I was a teenager,and one Christmas my father asked “what would you like for Christmas?” to which I responded (no doubt with a loud tut and
    roll of my eyes) very facetiously “a pipe and slippers obviously”.

Guess what I got for Christmas and guess who had te camera handy to capture my expression when it registered on my face.that picture went on the following years family Christmas card.

4. Keith Brown says:

Wishing you and your family a great new year, Hugh and crew!

5. Mitzi Pepall says:

When I was eighteen I received two nearly-identical busts of Shakepeare for Christmas. Beat that! They were huge, too. Roughly 1.5′ high. One was sprayed gold (from my mother) and the other white (from my best friend). I lost them both during what was left of my misspent youth. Still love Shakespeare though.

“Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments…”

• The Reagan Void And 2016 December 18, 2014
      We all have to suspect that neither Truman nor Ike would have let the Castro brothers write their own ticket as President Obama did Wednesday. We know with certainty that neither JFK, LBJ, RN, Ford, Carter, Reagan, either Bush nor Bill Clinton would have done what President Obama did vis-a-vis Cuba because none of the last nine presidents did so, even though […]
    • House Foreign Affairs Chairman Ed Royce On Cuba and The North Korean Moves On Sony December 18, 2014
      California Congressman Ed Royce joined me today to discuss the president’s decisions on Cuba, and what if any impact the North Korean move on Sony has on his agenda in the Foreign Affairs Committee in 2015: Audio: 12-17hhs-royce Transcript: HH: Joined now by Congressman Ed Royce. Congressman Royce is the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. Mr. C […]